From the crest of Olivet...
E Bmums
2012-04-11 23:59:17 UTC
"From the crest of Olivet, Jesus looked upon Jerusalem. Fair and
peaceful was the scene spread out before Him. It was the season of the
Passover, and from all lands the children of Jacob had gathered there to
celebrate the great national festival. In the midst of gardens and
vineyards, and green slopes studded with pilgrims’ tents, rose the
terraced hills, the stately palaces, and massive bulwarks of Israel’s
capital. The daughter of Zion seemed in her pride to say, "I sit a
queen, and shall see no sorrow;" as lovely then, and deeming herself as
secure in Heaven’s favor, as when, ages before, the royal minstrel sang,
"Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion,"
"the city of the great King." Psalm 48:2. In full view were the
magnificent buildings of the temple. The rays of the setting sun lighted
up the snowy whiteness of its marble walls, and gleamed from golden gate
and tower and pinnacle. "The perfection of beauty" it stood, the pride
of the Jewish nation. What child of Israel could gaze upon the scene
without a thrill of joy and admiration! But far other thoughts occupied
the mind of Jesus. "When He was come near, He beheld the city, and wept
over it." Luke 19:41. Amid the universal rejoicing of the triumphal
entry, while palm branches waved, while glad hosannas awoke the echoes
of the hills, and thousands of voices declared Him king, the world’s
Redeemer was overwhelmed with a sudden and mysterious sorrow. He, the
Son of God, the Promised One of Israel, whose power had conquered death,
and called its captives from the grave, was in tears, not of ordinary
grief, but of intense, irrepressible agony."

...The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan

Download the complete book (and Bibles) for free.

The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan:
http://i.minus.com/1333587044/8HjTVovD97LrYZ3KDyc2xg/dsskfA6mU3djV.pdf

Updated King James Version Bible:
http://i.minus.com/1333587073/Ne92_U0VhiUXq3kBzWx9NQ/dbaNDKEKV6PBSv.pdf

NIV Bible:
http://i.minus.com/1333587032/-QTVcB_7Np4j5FYBNRlgjg/dhVcNei3tSOdP.pdf
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: E Bmums <***@rppkn.com>

What a load of bull shit.

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
mro
2012-04-19 21:48:05 UTC
To: Jimmy Mac
.,: This is something about Re: From the crest of Olivet...,
Jimmy Mac said it to alt.bbs.wwiv on Wed Apr 11 2012 06:45 pm
--──────────────────────-────---───────────────---─────────--────────
Post by Jimmy Mac
What a load of bull shit.
please dont reply to spam. they never see your reply and most of us have
filters so WE dont see the msg until you reply to it.
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: "mro" <***@eob-bbs.com.remove-11d-this>

m> please dont reply to spam. they never see your reply and most of us
m> have
m> filters so WE dont see the msg until you reply to it.

Good idea.

Too bad I can't filter anything out (AFAIK) too. I'm using antiquated methods
of accessing USENET via a 90's era BBS.

J..

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
mro
2012-04-21 01:39:54 UTC
To: Jimmy Mac
.,: This is something about Re: From the crest of Olivet...,
Jimmy Mac said it to alt.bbs.wwiv on Fri Apr 20 2012 07:30 am
--──────────────────────-────---───────────────---─────────--────────
Post by Jimmy Mac
Too bad I can't filter anything out (AFAIK) too. I'm using antiquated method
of accessing USENET via a 90's era BBS.
well you could run a synchronet bbs and benefit from the host/ip/spam/subject
filtering and them fetch the msgs from synchronet's nntp server to your bbs.
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: "mro" <***@eob-bbs.com.remove-3l5-this>

m> > of accessing USENET via a 90's era BBS.
m> well you could run a synchronet bbs and benefit from the
m> host/ip/spam/subject
m> filtering and them fetch the msgs from synchronet's nntp server to your
m> bbs.

Sure, I could but then it wouldn't be WWIV ;-)
(die hard)

The next project is to get the C64 up and running again with 6487 BBS.

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
mro
2012-04-21 12:48:19 UTC
To: Jimmy Mac
.,: This is something about Re: From the crest of Olivet...,
Jimmy Mac said it to alt.bbs.wwiv on Fri Apr 20 2012 09:15 pm
--──────────────────────-────---───────────────---─────────--────────
Post by Jimmy Mac
m> > of accessing USENET via a 90's era BBS.
m> well you could run a synchronet bbs and benefit from the
m> host/ip/spam/subject filtering and them fetch the msgs from
m> synchronet's nntp server to your bbs.
Sure, I could but then it wouldn't be WWIV ;-) (die hard)
yeah i'm just saying use it as a gateway.
you do know you are using synchronet code already in your wwiv software,
right?
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: "mro" <***@eob-bbs.com.remove-vz0-this>

m> yeah i'm just saying use it as a gateway.
m> you do know you are using synchronet code already in your wwiv
m> software,
m> right?

Sure do. Nice that it works but I also have another test system using NetFoss
which seems just fine too. Idon't have anything against Synchronet, I just
really like WWIV. That's what I ran back in the early 90's and it made an
impression then. Since I resurrected my BBS for nostaliga purposes, I am going
to stick with what I started with. Unfortunately I lost all my 4.22 mods and
data over the years. I think the only thing I managed to locate was my Pascal
disk for compiling 4.2x. Anyway, thanks for the concern and the tips on
filtering. Maybe I'll look into that when/if I have time.

Right now, I'm just happy to have a few regular callers and a Usenet feed.
If I could only get OOII to work with the Synchronet code...

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
mro
2012-04-21 23:32:25 UTC
To: Jimmy Mac
.,: This is something about Re: From the crest of Olivet...,
Jimmy Mac said it to alt.bbs.wwiv on Sat Apr 21 2012 08:15 am
--──────────────────────-────---───────────────---─────────--────────
Post by Jimmy Mac
Right now, I'm just happy to have a few regular callers and a Usene
If I could only get OOII to work with the Synchronet code...
What problems do you have with ooii on synchronet?
bryan turner set up ooii on dsbbs.net and setup custom games.

If you want to talk in real time instead of this back and forth stuff, i'm on
irc.bbses.info #bbs
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: "mro" <***@eob-bbs.com.remove-plh-this>

m> What problems do you have with ooii on synchronet?
m> bryan turner set up ooii on dsbbs.net and setup custom games.
m> If you want to talk in real time instead of this back and forth stuff,
m> i'm on
m> irc.bbses.info #bbs

Thanks I'll look into the IRC. I'm not using Synchronet. It's WWIV that used
the Synchronet code for the telnet. That's what isn't working with WWIV. Works
with Netfoss but the delay prevents it from being usable. Anyway, WWIV works
for my needs.

J..

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
mro
2012-04-22 18:02:18 UTC
To: Jimmy Mac
.,: This is something about Re: From the crest of Olivet...,
Jimmy Mac said it to alt.bbs.wwiv on Sat Apr 21 2012 10:15 pm
--──────────────────────-────---───────────────---─────────--────────
Post by Jimmy Mac
Thanks I'll look into the IRC. I'm not using Synchronet. It's WWIV
the Synchronet code for the telnet. That's what isn't working with WWIV. Wor
with Netfoss but the delay prevents it from being usable. Anyway, WWIV works
for my needs.
well you said it wont work with the synchronet code. i thought you meant
synchronet.

i know you're using wwiv.

before i was suggesting you use synchronet as a nntp gateway so you can
benefit from ip and host filtering.

regarding ooii, provide more information and maybe i can help you get it
working.

i'm on your bbs right now and it's so slow it's almost unusable. maybe
there are other issues you arent aware of.
Mark Hofmann
2012-04-22 18:21:27 UTC
JM> Sure, I could but then it wouldn't be WWIV ;-)
JM> (die hard)

I'm running WWIV and have filtered newsgroup ability. I'm using
D'Bridge to pull in a few newsgroups (which are filtered), and then
tossed over to WWIV.

I would be willing to bet I'm the only one on the earth doing just
that. :)

- Mark
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: "mro" <***@eob-bbs.com.remove-yu-this>

m> i'm on your bbs right now and it's so slow it's almost unusable. maybe
m> there are other issues you arent aware of.

Wait.. What? What time were you on? I was out of town all day but my system
should have been OK. I've got about 780K upstream.

It's also running on my Exchange server though. There may have been some heavy
traffic there or on Julie's website.

Anyway, OOII using the WWIVTelnet server (Synchronet code) only shows on the
host but never gets to the caller.

J..

<--> The Blood Stone BBS - Telnet/HTTP www.bsbbs.com <-->
\/ Sonoma County California \/
Jimmy Mac
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
RE: Re: From the crest of Olivet...
BY: ***@weather-station.org (Mark Hofm

MH> I'm running WWIV and have filtered newsgroup ability. I'm using
MH> D'Bridge to pull in a few newsgroups (which are filtered), and then
MH> tossed over to WWIV.
MH> I would be willing to bet I'm the only one on the earth doing just
MH> that. :)

Yhanks Mark!
Yea, I'm still runing WINS for my NNTP pulls. I really need to get with the
program and play with D'Bridge.